By Lynn Zurik
Do you know the basic group to which the
organism belongs (crab, shrimp, soft coral, etc.)?
- If you know the basic group, or can be more
specific as to classification (for example, which class, order,
family or genus), enter the most specific term in WWM's Google
search engine: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/Googlesearch.htm
- Narrow the possibilities: Look through all
related articles first. Most contain photos of the various species
within each family and genus. If you don't find your exact
organism, look for those with similar traits and take note of the
family or genus.
- Google the name + an appropriate descriptive
term and go through the results
- Look through the search results and determine
the organism's basic group.
- If you're able to determine the group,
begin again at the top of the page (#1).